02 January, 2011

It's still Sunday!

Crocheting.  There still isn't a lot of stuff out there for it, because granny-square afghans are one of the first things that pops into peoples' minds when they are asked about it.  I've currently got three projects "on the hook," that is to say, in progress.  One is a very, very basic afghan, worked with three strands of yarn at once.  It's my lazy project, that I pick up very rarely.  (Case in point: the difference between the size of the afghan pre-move a year ago and the size of the afghan today is I think about three rows, or 5 inches.)  I also am working on a lace shawl that was supposed to be my mother's Christmas present, but didn't get finished in time.  My third one is a vest for me, that has a solid raglan top and a cute lace repeat bottom.  The kicker about that particular pattern is that the written pattern doesn't really work well with the sizes, so there were quite a few changes made by me to make it look right.  My goal is to have the second two done by the end of the month.

I am a rather craft-oriented person.  If I had the time and the tools, I'd be making the vast majority of my own clothing.  Oh, and the space.  It's hard to crawl around on a carpeted floor trying to cut out a pattern and keep lines straight!  Toss into that the fact that I have to alter every pattern to fit me, and it gets even more interesting.  My dream one day is to have a nicely organized room that I can call my own, to stash all my projects and supplies, and have a dress form in one corner so that I don't have to try and perfect the fit of a shirt on my own body, which is an interesting thought!

The link of the week: Ravelry is a website chock full of knitting and crochet patterns, many of them free.

Next time on Sometime Sundays: the weather.

Tomorrow: Thoughts on the upcoming semester, and my resolutions for the next 4 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment