Firstly, and most importantly, my thoughts go out to the family and friends of a fellow Westminster student who passed away this morning. I didn't know her - she was a masters student in a different field - but that doesn't matter. I just hope that the investigators figure out everything that happened very quickly, so as to give her family some closure.
The first week is now over for me, too, and all I can say is that I'm exhausted mentally. So very glad that my Friday class was rescheduled; now I can sleep in and try to recover from the highs and the lows of the week.
Toying with the idea of changing to a public health major, but that's really more my fear of failure talking. And my intense desire to NOT have to take this psychology course...but I've heard that the other professors for it are actually similar to mine. This is going to be a rather challenging four months, I think...
But, I truly am nervous about becoming a nurse. I'm scared, because all of a sudden I'm realizing that my recall abilities downright suck. Show me something once, watch me once, and I'm golden. But the whole reading from a book and parroting it back? Not so much there. It's actually what tripped me up the most as a paramedic. I needed to watch something be done first, and then I was okay.
We shall see. That's the reason I started this blog, though, to share my experiences, hopes, and fears about my time as a nursing student at Westminster College.
Next time: Psychology participation and earning a paycheck.
No comments:
Post a Comment