Or, I'm tired of jumping through hoops to read .docx files on my computer.
First day of classes. I get to school nice and early to rent a locker - ten bucks for the semester and it's all mine, yay. Then, I decide to be a good little MedicBast and get my voicemail set up. Finally. I've only had this phone for a little over a week now? Don't know.
Spent an hour in the library reading the first chapter in my anatomy book. Thank goodness I don't have to lug that thing around anymore, it's big, heavy, and rather unwieldy. Any future anatomy studying to be done at school will be with the lists of "need to know" and one of the anatomy books from the library.
The professor...well, she'll be interesting. Overall, it looks like a fun class, I just hope I don't have to miss anything because I'm still not very clear on the difference between "excused" and "unexcused" absences at this school. If I do end up needing to do an emergency trip back east this semester, I really hope that she'll be understanding of the circumstances. She may or may not be, but whatever.
The nice thing about this class I've found (so far) is that hey, if you like your grade when finals roll around, you can take that grade and skip the final. Or, you take the final and don't do so well, she'll not count it in the final grade.
So, I'm really hoping that I'll have an A going into the finals. Because if I am, then hah! to actually taking a comprehensive final exam.
Our poor cadaver passed away due to cardiac/respiratory arrest secondary to asthma. Poor dear.
I also pulled up the Open Office version of Excel to map out my days. Right now, it is looking rather puny, but I've no doubt that it will fill up eventually. MedicBast's boyfriend, upon seeing it, decided that we should also work out a schedule for him since he could spend most of his life at the Akido dojo. So, instead of seven days a week, he gets to go three. For one class each of those days. It's easier for MedicBast because hey, she likes to have dinner ready for when he gets home from those classes, and having a nice dinner ready and then sitting around for 30 minutes makes for a cold dinner. (I was really quite proud of actually managing to get everything to cook and be ready at the same time!)
Next time: Instead of one hour of class, I have to spend all day there? And when might the campus patrol folks let me know if I get an interview for a work-study position?
No comments:
Post a Comment