26 August, 2010

My chips, kitty!

The cat actually grabbed with both her mouth and foot, several times, my hand to try and get the Doritoes I was eating.  She didn't get anything, but not for her trying.  She has also claimed the box that my textbooks came in - it's the perfect size to nap in and do who knows what else.  Well, it's a hobby and she's a cat.

Day two of classes, this time a full day.  And by full, I mean "leave the house at 8 am and not get back until after 7 pm."  I don't need to leave that early, but by getting to school at that time, I get my choice of parking spots and can go spend some time on the elliptical, plus toss in a shower before needing to be in French at 10 am.

Ah, French.  You know it's going to be interesting when the professor says "I expect you to speak a lot more in French now.  You will have to write a one-page review of a film.  Unlike last time, it will be entirely in French.  This time, it is okay to give me a summary."  What can I say, the last class I took, you checked your English brain at the door and everything was in French.  The syllabus, the chatter, everything.  Well, when Madame Trout was in the room, that is.

Anatomy.  Already working on getting a study group set up.  The earlier we get started on the rote memorization, the better.  Plus, at least one person in the group was completely lost today, so getting to review the stuff covered in class on a regular basis will be much, much better.

Math.  Elementary Statistics.  Here's hoping that I will be able to get a calculator in time, but if not, then oh well, it'll all be done the pre-graphing-calculator way.  We're supposed to have one by Tuesday.  Yeahhhh...about that.

Ballet.  My one purely fun class this semester.  I can't wait for it, just have to sew the elastic on my ballet slippers and track down some clothes to wear.  Isn't it ironically appropriate that hey!  I just bought black leggings?

So, overall, if I can prevent my usual "sit-in-front-of-the-computer" self from emerging and actually devote myself to studying, it'll hopefully be good.

Next time:  Proper library behavior, perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment