17 November, 2011

The stress is building

I went and talked to some folks in the department office the other day, because I had changed my name with the school and wanted to make sure that they had gotten my note.  They recognized me on sight, don't quite know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.  (Part of me is saying it's a good thing, because, well, why bother learning faces and names if it's a rejection letter that will be sent out?)

Also asked for clarification on a rumor as to when letters will be sent out.  As of Tuesday, the committee was still meeting, and letters will be finalized and dropped in the mail "Tuesday or Wednesday."  I'm still holding out for Monday, but Tuesday will still work; I would really like my letter before Wednesday so that I can tell people at Primary's if they helped me get in!  And before Thanksgiving, which would be so much nicer than after Thanksgiving, so the news can make the rounds at my parents'.

Okay, that and the stress of waiting on both this and my sister's job helped me end up with a very, very nasty cold last week, one that was indistinguishable from mild flu symptoms (so not quite sure, just know that it was viral in origin), and I ended up borking pretty badly on a test.  B-.  My overall grade in the class is now a n 89%, which is a B+.  I've two tests in which to pull it back up...

So yes, procrastination and being sick sucks, now to go finish grading some homework that I really wish I had over the weekend because this sort of timing is no fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment