07 October, 2011

Happy dance

My parents arrive tomorrow.

Of course, that means that tomorrow will be spent nervously making sure that my house is totally cleaned - haven't mopped in who knows how long, grass needs to be mowed, my gardens need some attention and I need to start putting them to bed for the winter - but still.  My parents will be able to see my house in person.

Shopko is having a massive sale.  And by massive, we went and got a headboard, some new clothes for Steve, a couple shirts for me, shampoo for me, curtains, and new glasses for the kitchen.  We spent X dollars, and at the bottom of the receipt where it says "amount saved?"  X dollars.  Yeah, we spent as much as we saved, go us.

School (which is really why I'm writing this blog, no?) is still going strong.  Few frustrations here and there, but overall, well, I ended up getting on the microbiology exam the highest grade in my section, and the second highest grade overall.  I only missed 1.5 points, and the .5 came from not including a word that really wasn't all that important, in my mind, but hey!  I still done good there!  Also, there are 130-ish applicants for the program, so the acceptance rate will be about 75%.

Also done today: I started making a teapot in pottery.  All the individual parts are done, and so next week I'll just have to trim, put the spout on, and then pull and attach a handle.  After that, I still had a lot of time, so I went and threw a bowl.  It is a big bowl, 5 pounds of cone 06 clay worth, and depending on what it looks like next week, may be carved into to make a yarn bowl.  My first one still needs to finish getting kitties painted on it, then fired, glazed, and fired again before it'll be done.

Finally: we have our marriage license!  Very easy, very quick, now we just have to decide on who will sign it as our witnesses.  My sister is one, haven't figured out the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment