22 August, 2011

Year two is a go!

Dropped off my tuition check for the fall semester, renewed my UTA pass - very important that, since I use public transit to go to and from school - and purchased books.

Ah, textbooks.  I looked all over for cheap textbooks, but no go.  And eventually it got too late (and I was too broke at the time) so I just bit the bullet and got them from the school bookstore.  $500 later, I'm cheesed that timing meant that I could only get one of my books used, the rest were new.  I'd've sprung for a new lab book, but the rest of them I had a total desire to purchase used.  (The transfer students showed up on campus last week and so bought out the entire stash.)  Call me selfish, but I would have liked for there to have been a few used held back and stuck on the shelf after the first rush went through, because I would've saved a good $50 or so.

Well, I've got two on-campus jobs, that both pay pretty well for a student job, so that money that was spent will feel a little less stressful after a couple weeks.  And both jobs have requirements, so it isn't really like I'm putting others out of them.  Writing Center requires that a class be taken, and Math Lab requires a referral from a math professor.

Tomorrow: last free day before back to the books, and the first Writing Center meeting of the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment