Actually, nearly halfway into the semester, school is going great. I'm currently pulling A's in all of my classes, and I was randomly assigned the adviser that I was hoping that I'd get; I've heard that she's really good. It's other areas of my life that are falling apart.
Namely, my house. I love my house. I didn't at first, but have now fallen quite firmly into adoration with it, and am also plotting out things such as kitchen and bathroom remodels and paint and gardens...
However, yesterday morning, while the Mr and I were off doing our normal Wednesday thing, a car crashed into our garage. Yes, that's right, car into the garage. Driver passed out behind the wheel, took out mailboxes, hit the side of the garage and then the garage door. Everybody is okay, the two that came out the worst were the car and the garage. Decent structural damage done, so while I'm hoping to avoid a total rebuild, that may be what will end up happening. Everybody was okay, the neighbor was at home and called 911. Poor cat got to suffer through the big bangs and then a firefighter coming inside - he climbed through the hole left by the door coming off the tracks and we didn't lock the door into the kitchen from the garage - and then my SIL and her youngest coming in.
Still haven't done anything about the fence, but when the general contractor comes to chat about garage, we'll talk fencing as well. More of that needs fixing, too, because the car also hit the fence next to the garage.
The Mr's truck is okay, however. The SUV managed to hit the garage door on the side where my car sits, and we had taken my car that day.
Speaking of my car, driving down the road this morning, windshield cracks. So, Saturday the claim adjuster is coming out, then I'm going to get the windshield replaced, followed by the safety inspection and reregistration, then Monday I'm getting my vision checked because I'm all doom and gloom but the eye place I'm going is having a buy one, get one sale.
Halfway afraid to get out of bed tomorrow, but I've a test in Gerontology...
No comments:
Post a Comment