31 May, 2011

Summertime, kinda

Memorial Day 2011: woke up to some snow on the ground.  Of course, this being the end of May, and Utah, the weather is currently working its way towards seventy-something degrees for the next week.  I planted my garden almost a month ago now, and the seeds are sprouting quite nicely, although everything else isn't looking too happy.  It gets another week and then I start thinking about options.

No more classes until August, but I am continuing the whole math tutor thing.  My main three classes are algebra, trig, and statistics, but may have to do some work with the calculus class.  Few hours a week in the math tutoring room, few hours a week physically in the classes, at least to start.  The goal seems to be to point out that the summer math tutor isn't an ogre, but actually a very nice person who - and this is the important part - isn't a math major.  I have no desire to be a math major, or even a math minor.  I'm just good at math.

So yes.  Tutoring about 20 hours each week, volunteering in the children's ER once a week, and painting the house.  Flying back east for a long weekend, to go to my cousin's wedding and see my family, so that also means that I have to get a couple crocheted things done...it'll all get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment