06 February, 2011

Labs and panic

I'm not paranoid.  I'm just confused.

I've been having some issues with classmates, to the point of wondering just why I even bother opening my mouth and want to go through with this.  Then, I look at where I'm living, my bank account, and realize that I don't need this just for myself, but also for my family and my future.  Do some of these folks not like me?  Possibly - probably.  I know that not everybody is going to like me, and, frankly, I don't want everybody to like me.

It's just frustrating.

Pottery.  I love.  This class.  We used a different clay to make another mug on Thursday, and next week we'll put finishing touches on that one and glaze our first one.  I've got red and green on it already, so I'm probably going to stick with a clear glaze, let the color of the clay shine through, or do a basic black with a white stripe, bringing in more of the idea of contrast that we're shooting for.  SO hoping that I get into intermediate pottery next semester, and once I'm off in the "real world," I'm hoping to find a studio that I can work out of every once in a while, sort of a "pay-as-you-go" thing.

Psychology.  Did I have a solid, real conversation with the professor about what's driving me up the wall in regards to, well, everything?  I did!  And it felt amazing; suddenly I'm a lot more optimistic about this class.

English.  It's a fun, fun class, with a bunch of fun people, and a fun teacher.  Okay, I don't exactly finish the readings each week, but I am able to participate and I do so.

30 minutes on the elliptical, a small discussion with the food people about not saying what is in what, and actually hiding prices, and it was on to the weekend.

Monday: One paper done, another half done, and final studying for the first physiology exam of the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment