Oh, yes, the bookstore made a big boo-boo when it came to the Microbiology books.
The ones that they ordered: $324 plus tax.
The ones that we were supposed to get: $184 plus tax. And a binder.
The difference? Bundled vs. non-bundled, bound vs. unbound. I'm much happier with the bundled, unbound version, because it means that I don't have to schlep the entire thing around, instead I just need a couple chapters at a time. Let me think: 5 pounds vs. 30 pages of text...no contest there! The only book that I actually have to haul around with me is my nutrition book, and that's twice a week. Everything else can, and will, stay at home.
And it's amazing how small the world has become. I was talking with a classmate and one of my nutrition professors the other day, only to discover that the professor used to live in the same area of Pennsylvania that I did.
Nutrition. We got to do an activity yesterday that could have led to a lot of embarrassment: interviewing each other for a 24-hour food recall. Everything eaten in the last 24 hours. And I've no doubt that people did find the questioning to be awkward - I probably would have, too, but considering some of the conversations that I've had, food was nothing. Plus, part of nursing is taking the awkward conversations and acting like it's something that you discuss, with your husband, children, and great-grandmother over the dinner table, so why not start cultivating that attitude bright and early?
No comments:
Post a Comment