19 March, 2011

Bad Bast! Bad!

So, now over halfway through the semester...only a little over a month to go.  It's been a long one, with the required ups and downs.

All of which are compounded by the fact that MrMedicBast and I are in the process of purchasing a house.  Yes, a house, all of our very own.  What's even nicer is that we can look in a price range that we really weren't expecting to be able to look in, so all of our needs and even a good chunk of our wants can be met.  (Need: move in ready, a kitchen I can work in, big yard, at least 3 bedrooms - or the ability to easily add on more space - and a nice open layout.  Want: covered parking for 2 cars, a fully fenced backyard - preferably with privacy fencing - a fireplace, and a deck or patio overlooking some nice relaxing views)  So a lot of time and energy has been going into hunting down places within an hour or so of Salt Lake City, preferably with a hospital even closer, because in three years I'm going to be looking to work in one.  The Mr, lucky man, has even more options for work, and I've heard him mention in passing something about me being the breadwinner, and him doing the stay-at-home thing...we shall see.  However, that is sometime in the future, this is now, and all the places that I have to be are in the city

So, school.  For the second time in a row, I was the first one to finish a physiology test last week, and that included several questions that made me sit back, go "huh?" and start scribbling notes, culminating in asking for clarification from the professor.  We'll get that back on Tuesday, and as of right now I've got a solid B, B+ in the class, so I'm very happy.

Psychology: nearly had a bloody breakdown on Wednesday, but I blame that for having to work with a group that I really didn't like, and not getting enough sleep the night before followed by a pretty intense C25K run. However, I'm currently pulling an A in that class, and all issues with the professor have been dealt with, and I'm rather happy in that class.

English: won't lie, am having problems.  But, I elected to take this class as credit/no credit, so that is a huge weight off my chest.  Prior to that, I was a very solid C, which I wasn't happy about - for some reason, my writing doesn't meet the professor's standards, but in the immortal words of Gloria Gaynor: I will survive!  The internship itself is a lot of fun.  I also got to amuse my Psych professor, because I had to send her an e-mail saying that somebody did indeed visit the writing center as assigned.

Pottery: mental note to self, get your butt up and on the computer by 7:30.  I am loving this class, and am going to try and sign up for Intermediate Pottery next semester.  There was a disaster in the kiln when three of my pieces were in there - somebody decided to skip the greenware firing and go directly to the glaze firing.  Their piece exploded, and I ended up with clay on the inside of all three bowls that I had in there.  I just hope that the fact that they needed to be cleaned up with chisel and Dremel, then reglazed and refired doesn't affect their look too much.  My cousin is getting married this summer, and so I was going to make them a pie plate as a wedding present.  I'm a fan of doing that personal touch.

Anything else...nope.  Not really.  Registration for the fall starts on Monday, and I'm signing up for the earliest classes that I possibly can.  It will be a very rude shock to my system, but better a rude shock now than later.  Plus, I will have all summer to ease my way into waking up somewhere between 5 and 6 AM.  I've done it before, and it will take me a couple months to get used to it.  I figure, we buy a house, and I can immediately start adjusting my sleep schedule.  And weaning myself off the sweetened condensed milk in my coffee.  And doing the dishes each night, plus keeping the house incredibly clean, and keeping up with this blog, and...

My 5-year reunion for my first school is coming up this June, and my high school's 10-year reunion is coming up.  Suddenly I've been feeling old, especially when people at school start talking about how they miss whatever from high school, or somebody looks at me with a different look on their face when I cheerfully say "hey, it's been over a decade since I last had calculus, so I can certainly TRY, but no promises!"

Next time: Sunday, and the Sometimes Sunday post.  Monday: class registration 101.

No comments:

Post a Comment